Caliber resource Partners


Caliber cares about our mineral and royalty owners.

Below you will find answers to commonly asked questions. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please reach out for additional help.

Frequently asked questions

How do I change my address?

As an owner, it is your responsibility to notify Caliber of any ownership or status changes to ensure they reflect the current record title. Changes we need to be notified of include name changes, owner death, trust or partnership changes and sale of interest. To process any changes, please download, complete and return the appropriate form with a recorded conveyance document from the record title owner.

If you are a new owner, please include a completed W9 with your ownership change request to avoid issues with year-end 1099 forms. If we do not receive a W9, we will contact you to confirm whether the owner should be suspended or have backup withholding (see below) before completing the change.

What does a “minimum check amount” mean?

To keep the costs of accounting and mailing under control, we only mail out revenue checks when their value is at least $100. If your revenue due is between $10 and $100, a check will be sent annually.

How do I enroll in direct deposit?

Please download and fill out the form. Once it is completed, you can either email it to or mail directly to:

Caliber Resource Partners

Attn: Revenue Dept.
6301 Waterford Blvd., Ste 215
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

What are division orders and how do they work?

Division orders record the proportional ownership, so any necessary changes that may affect these division orders need to be reported to Caliber as soon as possible. This will eliminate unnecessary delays in payment processing. 

Situations that may require new division orders include marriages, divorces, deaths, transfer of ownership, trustee changes or moving interest into a trust. Each situation is unique, and we’ll be happy to advise you on how to proceed. Please call us at 405.604.9200.

What is backup withholding?

If we don’t have a taxpayer ID number (or social security number) on record for you – or if it is invalid, the Internal Revenue Service requires us to withhold 28% of your revenue payments. This number must match the name on the payment as indicated per IRS records and must be provided to us in writing.

Caliber cannot not issue refunds for this backup withholding. Instead, all backup withholding will be reported on your 1099 at the end of the year and is considered a payment to the IRS on your behalf. If you are a royalty owner, you can report this withholding on your income tax return at year-end. If you need to notify us of your valid tax ID or social security number, please call 405.604.9200.

When will my check arrive?

Revenue checks are usually disbursed by the last business day of each month, but the amount must be above the $100 minimum mentioned above. For faster receipt of your payment, consider enrolling in direct deposit.

I haven't received payment. What should I do?

The most common reason for non-receipt of payment is that the check amount is below the $100 minimum mentioned above. Another potential cause is change of address. If you need to change your address on file, simply follow the instructions near the top of this page under “How do I change my address?”

If neither of these conditions apply, please call us at 405.604.9200. If the check is lost, you may be required to submit a written authorization to stop payment and reissue the check.

How do I get a reissued check?

If a check is not cashed or deposited in 90 days, Caliber automatically voids and reissues the check. Therefore, it is important to cash or deposit your check before the 90-day mark. If you have a check that is more than 90 days old, call us at 405.604.9200 to authorize voiding and reissuing the check.

How can I stop payment or cancel a check?

If your check has been lost or stolen, we can stop payment and reissue the check. Please call us at 405.604.9200. Once a stop payment has been issued, payment will be issued in the next available check process – likely the following month. Please do not attempt to deposit or cash a check once stop payment has been placed on it. This means the check is voided in our system and we will no longer honor it.

Why is my check amount variable?

There are several variables that can cause your payment amount to change from month to month and year to year. These include shifting market conditions which cause price fluctuations, as well as mechanical or operational problems, routine maintenance, weather or other factors. If you believe there is an error on your payment, call us at 405.604.9200.

When will I receive my joint interest billing (JIB) statement?

We usually process and mail joint interest billing statements on the fourth and fifth workday of the following month. If you are missing your JIB statement, please call us at 405.604.9200.

When will I receive my 1099-Misc?

We adhere to IRS guidelines and mail 1099s by January 31 each year. If you haven’t received your 1099 by February 16, or if the information on your 1099 is incorrect, please call us at 405.604.9200.